Friday, July 23, 2010

The Onset of a Guerilla Gardening Campaign

Just a little update:

On my ride home I threw out several wildflower seed bombs (if you don't remember what a seed bomb is, refer to an earlier post about guerilla gardening for a more detailed explanation).

A seed bomb, in short, is a ball of dirt and compost with some sort of seed embedded within it. You throw the the ball out of moving car, or wherever you would like, and it remains there until it rains and is implanted in the ground. Personally, I prefer to throw these seed bombs in the divider of highways where there is plenty of fertile land going to waste.

Anyways, here is a SHORT list of places I threw seed bombs:
Denver, CO
Deadwood, SD
Chicago, IL
Greenwich, CT

I will be doing some more guerilla gardening throughout the month of August.

Also, while staying at a KOA in Durango, CO I noticed that they had an herb garden as well as many other KOA's with recycle centers. I am going to do more research into the official policy of KOA (Kampgrounds of America) and look into how environmentally responsible they are as a whole, or if this was just the policy of the individual site.